How do you make the perfect mash?
Well it all starts with the potato!
For mashing you want a potato which is low in water content and high in starch, using a potato which holds these characteristics is key for the perfect mash.
Now you say what is the best potato which fits this description?
I say the Agria, a light fluffy potato which breaks up easily when cooked and absorbs and holds flavour well.
Here’s some key tips on making the perfect mash.
- Use Agria or other high starch potatoes.
- Generously salt your boiling water.
- Add a clove of garlic to your boiling water, it will add flavour and softens like the potatoes when cooked and mashes into the potato well.
- Use good heaped dessert spoon of butter and full fat milk to achieve a creamy texture.
- Make sure you give your mash a good seasoning with salt and pepper before you serve.
Hope this helps.