One thing that I can’t seem to shake is my love for soul food. I have always had a thing for rustic, hearty flavour packed food which stops you in your tracks when you take the first bite, leaving you wanting more. My soul food is influenced by my love and passion of using simple ingredients to create mouth-watering meals, that I enjoy and want to share with you all.
Overnight marinated sticky sweet pork ribs, dripping with bbq sauce and leave you licking your fingers. can it get any better than this?
Yes it can, here is a recipe for my secret recipe soulful sticky bbq pork ribs that beat any from the shop. Put your ribs on to marinate the night before cooking, baste in smoky bbq sauce and serve alongside a simple cabbage slaw. This is perfect for dinner party or impressing someone special.
Here’s the other secret the herbs and spices used in this recipe is a never fail combination of soulful flavour resulting in a perfect flavorful marinade for any dish. Great for chicken, beef, pork or lamb even better when left overnight for the meat to infuse and take on the flavours.
Sticky Bbq Pork Ribs
1 rack pork ribs
3 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
3/4 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. oregano
1 tbsp. garlic granules
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
2 tbsp. canola oil
3/4 cup. smoky bbq sauce
2 spring onions, finely sliced
3 tbsp. fresh coriander, rough chop
3 tsp. white sesame seeds
- Combine cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and oil together. Mix to form a paste.
- Rub over pork ribs, there are two sides to a rib rack one which you can see the meat and bones and the other where it is more a fat cap . you want to rub the marinade on the meat and bone side of the ribs.
- Over and place in the fridge overnight to achieve maximum flavour.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove ribs from oven and allow to come to room temperature, cover in a good coating of bbq sauce, place into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Basting every 5-10minutes with bbq sauce.
- Once the ribs have browned and caramelized around the edges remove from oven allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut into individual ribs and place on a large plate, sprinkle with spring onion, fresh coriander and sesame seeds.
Serves: 3-4 about 3 ribs each.