Homemade Meatloaf with Sautéed Garlic Greens
500g sausage meat
700g lean beef mince
1 onion, small dice
4 cloves garlic, fine dice
1 carrot, finely grated
1 tbsp. fresh marjoram
1 tbsp. fresh thyme
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
3 tbsp. Worcester sauce
1 egg. lightly beaten
80g rolled oats
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c tomato sauce
1 tbsp. oil
1/2 head broccoli, cut florets into 1/4 pieces
1 handful of green beans, remove ends
4 bok choy leaves, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup water
2 medium golden kumara, boiled and mashed with 50gm butter 50ml milk, salt and pepper. Plus 1 tbsp. fresh chives.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease loaf or rectangle oven proof dish lightly with butter.
- In a large bowl combine sausage meat, mince, diced onion, garlic, grated carrot, finely chopped herbs, salt, pepper and beaten egg. Mix together with your hand until well combined.
- Press meat mix into grease oven dish. Pat down evenly.
- In a separate bowl combine oats, brown sugar and tomato sauce. Mix until a paste has formed. Spread over meat mix evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until golden at the edges and cooked. (it will shrink slightly with cooking.)
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat wok or fry pan on high add oil followed by broccoli and garlic. cook for 2 minutes until slightly starting to brown. Add green beans and cook for 1 minute, add water and cook on high for a further 2 minutes, add bok choy toss gently.
- Remove from heat and place in serving bowl.
- Slice meatloaf and serve with the garlic greens and kumara mash.
Serves: 4-6 people
Leave a Reply