Seared Ribeye steak with Quinoa and fresh Rocket Salad
1 ribeye steak
2 tbsp. worcester sauce
1 tsp. fresh garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1 lemon, zest
1 cup fresh rocket
1/2 cup baby spinach
1/4 red capsicum, fine dice
1/2 zucchini, julienne slice
5 basil leaves, rough rip
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. olive oil
Pinch salt and pepper
1. Season steak both sides generously with salt and pepper, rub in garlic and worcester sauce, leave to sit for 5 minutes for meat to take on flavours.
2. In a bowl combine all remaining ingredients apart from balsamic, lemon and second measure of olive oil.
3. Toss together gently, over mixing with bruise the greens.
4. Rub steak both sides in first measure of olive oil, heat fry pan nice and hot.
5. Sear steak 3 minutest each side for a medium rare finish. Rest steak for 5 minutes, this relaxes the meat and retains the juices.
6. Dress salad with balsamic and lemon zest and a good seasoning of salt and pepper, slice steak against the grain.
7. Serve your salad on a plate topped with your juicy seared steak.