Spice roasted broccoli and lentil salad.
This salad sure does pack a punch, lightly spiced broccoli with creamy avocado and bursts of coriander. Full of all things fresh, healthy and seasonal!
This may be on the table this Christmas it sure was delicious!
¾ head broccoli, florets cut in half
3 tsp rice bran oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
¼ tsp cinnamon
Pinch chilli powder
Pinch cayenne pepper
½ zest of lemon
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
Salt and pepper
1 avocado, thick slices
1 can lentils, rinsed and drained
¼ cup coriander, roughly chopped
3 tbsp sultanas
3 tbsp sunflower seeds
½ lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all spices, lemon zest, garlic and salt and pepper together. Pour over broccoli and bake for 20 minutes.
- In large bowl add lentils, sultanas, coriander, sunflower seeds toss together.
- Once broccoli is cooked add to bowl followed by avocado, lemon juice and salt and pepper, toss gently.
- Serve on its own or goes perfectly with bbq or cooked meats.