Spice is Nice Rolled Roast Beef Ingredients: 1 roll roast beef, uncooked 1 x spice is nice rub Spice is nice rub 3 tbsp. Equagold fiery hot harissa 3 garlic cloves 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary 3/4 tsp. salt 3/4 tsp. … Continue reading
Cooked to Perfection
The potato which everyone secretly loves. A perfectly cooked potato, one that’s fluffy and melts in your mouth is really perfection. This is a recipe that I got from my mum. Something that you can put on before you head to work or even before you head to bed at night. They keep perfectly in the fridge for up to 5 days if they last that long. Wrapped in tin foil and slow baked in a handy slow cooker this is a perfect energy packed meal, perfect as a vegetarian dinner or topped with stews, slaws or anything you can imagine. Even better just simply split open and served with plain or flavored butter.
This is one recipe you don’t want to miss out on!!
8 hour slow baked potatoes with herb butter, crunchy slaw, chive sour cream and bacon crumb
8-10 medium size potatoes, agria are best
4 tbsp. plain or flavored butter
Crunchy Cabbage Slaw
1/2 cabbage, finely shredded
2 carrots, grated
2 spring onions, finely sliced
3 tbsp. Italian parsley, rough chop
4 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 lemon, juice and zest
salt and pepper
4 streaky bacon rashes, baked until crunchy then rough chop
Chive Sour Cream
2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
125 grams sour cream
salt and pepper
- Turn slow cooker onto low.
- Individually wrap each potato in tinfoil and place in the slow cooker. Cooker for 8 hours on low.
- Turn slow cooker to keep warm while you prepare slaw, bacon crumb and chive sour cream.
- Combine all slaw ingredients in a large bowl season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Combine chives, sour cream and a good seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Remove potatoes from slow cooker, cut a cross in the top and split open, place a spoonful of butter in the center, followed by a good helping of slaw and a large dollop of chive sour cream and finish with crunchy bacon crumb.
- Because there are a lot of baked potatoes you can have more than one or place remaining in the fridge and whip one out when your feeling hungry. These are great for an easy lunch during the week or an afternoon snack for the kids when they come home from school.
You can top them with whatever you like here’s a recipe for Beef, Bacon and Chickpea Stew with White Wine and Tomatoes that I topped a baked potato with, and it went down a treat!!