Pears, apples and cinnamon go hand in hand when it comes to baking. Perfect Autumn cake slightly tart apples, pears and cinnamon with a hint of lemon baked into a brown sugar cake with vanilla glaze. I enjoyed a piece of this warm I couldn’t resist.
Cinnamon Pear and Apple Honey Cake
2 cox orange apples or granny smith
2 brown pears
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 dsp honey
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cup self raising flour
3 cup icing sugar
2 cap vanilla essence
4 tbsp. water
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degress bake.
- Dice apples and pears mix with cinnamon, honey and lemon juice.
- Line cake tin with baking paper you can use a circle or square tin just ensure the baking paper goes up the sides.
- Combine vanilla, eggs, brown sugar oil in a bowl stir well. Sift in flour and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add milk and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Scatter half the apple and pear mixture on the base of the lined cake tin, followed by the batter. Smooth this out evenly and top with remaining apple and pear mix.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until when tested with a knife it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl and add 2 caps of vanilla essence and 4tbsp of cold water, stir well until you have a thick consistency.
- Pour icing over the cake starting in the center and smoothing it evenly with a spoon.