Sometimes you just want cheesecake but without the hassle of whipping, folding and the hard work behind it right? I took to the drawing board and tested out food processor cheesecake, no mixing stiring or whipping required by you just … Continue reading
Here’s a recipe for a wonderful no-bake strawberries and cream cheesecake. homemade strawberry jelly with crunch malt biscuit base and vanilla cream center. This is a great show stopping dessert that will have any followers smiling and asking for more!
Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
250 gram malt biscuits
150 grams butter, melted
500 grams frozen strawberries
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
3 tsp. gelatin powder or agar agar*
3 tbsp. water
2x 250 gram tubs cream cheese
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla essence
1 lemon zest and juice
2 tsp. gelatin powder or agar agar*
2 tbsp. water
250ml cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Add biscuit’s to food processor and pulse until fine crumb texture is reached, add melted butter and pulse until well combine.
- Line medium spring-form cake tin with baking paper, tip crumb into the base and press firmly into the tin. Place in the refrigerator.
- In a medium pot add frozen strawberries, sugar and first measure of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes stirring to avoid berries from sticking and burning.
- Using a metal masher, mash berries and add juice half lemon.
- In small microwave save bowl add first measure of gelatin and 3 tbsp. water together, stir and heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir until dissolved, pour into strawberry mix and stir to combine.
- Leave berry mix to sit for 2 minutes, skim off the white foam with a ladle and discard.
- In stand mixer combine cream cheese, lemon zest and remaining juice, vanilla essence and sugar. Beat with a whisk attachment until smooth and no lumps are present. Repeat the same method as before with the gelatin this time using 2 tsp. gelatin and 2 tbsp. water, whisk into cream cheese mix.
- Scrap down sides of bowl, add 1/4 whipped cream and stir in. ( this helps to lighten the mixture before folding in remaining cream.)
- Add remaining cream and fold through cream cheese mix until well incorporated, don’t over mix this will drop the mixture.
- Pour cream cheese mix into spring-form tin over the base, smooth the top. Pour over cooled strawberry jelly and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until jelly is set.
- Using a hot knife cut cheesecake into pieces, serve by itself or with cream/yoghurt.
*Agar Agar can be found at any Asian supermarket or gourmet section at good supermarket. It’s a vegetarian substitute for gelatin.
The Ultimate Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
This cheesecake is a no baking required easy to follow recipe. With subtle hints of lemon it goes down a treat with creamy, chocolaty cheesecake. This truly melts in your mouth, perfect way to treat the family or special someone.
500 grams oreos
70 grams butter, melted
2x 250 gram tubs cream cheese, room temp and soft
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
1 lemon zest and juice
1 tsp. vanilla essence
2 tsp. gelatin powder
2 tbsp. cold water
250 ml cream, soft whip
3/4 block Whittaker’s milk chocolate
125ml cream, hot/just boiling
Extra Oreos to decorate and Cookie and Cream Hershey’s Kisses.
- Line medium spring-form cake tin with baking paper as seen below.
- Place 280 grams of oreos in food processor and pulse until a fine sand texture is reached. Add melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Pour crumb into lined cake tin, press firmly together to form an even base, place in fridge.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip cream to soft peaks and set aside. Add cream cheese to clean bowl and whisk until smooth and are no lumps, add icing sugar, vanilla and lemon, whisk to combine.
- Combine gelatin and water, microwave for 30 sec stir until dissolved and slightly cool, add to cream cheese mix.
- Take 170 grams oreos and roughly pulse in food processor to achieve chunky texture.
- Add chunky oreos and whipped cream fold through until just combined, pour on top of the chilled cheesecake base and return to fridge.
- Add chipped chocolate into bowl, the smaller the faster it will melt.
- Place cream in a small saucepan and heat until rapidly simmering , stirring to avoid burning. Pour hot cream over chocolate, allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the cream and chocolate together, it will be a thick glossy texture, whisk until there are no lumps.
- Pour chocolate over chilled cheesecake and return to the fridge for 1 hour until chocolate layer is set.
- Remove from fridge, using a small hot knife gently run your knife around the edge of the cheesecake, then remove the spring-form ring.
- With a palette knife pull on the baking paper gently and place knife between cheesecake base and baking paper, slide cheesecake off onto serving dish.
- Decorate the edge with xtra oreos and cookie and cream Hershey kisses.
- Run sharp knife under hot water, dry and cut cheesecake, if you want clean cuts do this for every cut, handy to have a jug of boiling water beside you at this point.
- Serve on its one or perfect with plain yoghurt.
Serves: 10-12 Slices