My granny gave me this recipe over the phone the other day, she said they taste like shortbread but you bake them a little more golden than your traditional shortbread. My addition was to change normal sugar and use Equa Gold’s Golden Light Organic Raw Vanilla Sugar, as soon as you open the package you are hit with a strong vanilla flavour. It is a great price you get 750 grams its $11.80 and making this recipe didn’t even make a dent in the bag. Sweet, buttery cookie with hints of vanilla bean fantastic for the the weekend morning or afternoon tea.
Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies
250 gram butter, room temp soft
3/4 cup equa gold organic raw vanilla sugar
1 3/4 cup flour, sifted
1/2 cup cornflour, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1. Cream butter and raw sugar together in stand mixer for 4 minutes, scrape down sides.
2. Sift flour, cornflour and salt into the mixing bowl, beat on low until forms bread crumb like texture.
3. Remove beater blade and mix by hand incorporating the crumbs to form a smooth dough.
4. Roll into a log and place on a sheet of baking paper and roll up, place in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
5.Remove from fridge 15 minutes before you wish to bake them, this is a great time to pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees.
6. Cut cookies now and use the baking paper to line your baking tray. You want to cut them about pinky finger thickness.
7. Space out on baking sheet, you may need to use two trays.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes: 30x Cookies