Dark and decadent fudge brownie style slice base topped with peppermint icing and rich milk chocolate for the perfect morsel this weekend. Equa Gold’s dutch cocoa makes all the difference in this base take it to the next level of rich chocolate goodness. Look at the colour it is just so rich and it lives up to the looks.
Fudgy Chocolate Peppermint Slice
2/3 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup equa gold dutch cocoa
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup thred coconut
2 eggs, beaten
145 gm butter, melted
4 cup icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp peppermint essence
1/3 cup milk
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
200 gm Whitterks milk or dark chocolate
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa into a large bowl, stir in eggs and melted butter. Mix until combined.
3. Line square baking tin with baking paper, if you spray with oil the baking paper sticks great.
4. Press the base mixture into your lined tin, spread out with a spoon or a spatula, you may need to run it under hot water to help spread the base.
5. Bake for 14 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
6. To make the icing sift icing sugar into a bowl and add essence, melted coconut oil and milk, stir well make sure you get under the icing to mix in the icing sugar at the base of the bowl.
7. Spread over cooled base, again using a hot spoon run this under hot water for a few seconds. Once spread evenly place in fridge for 30 minutes.
8. In heat proof bowl combine chopped chocolate and coconut oil heat in microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir. Heat for another 30 seconds, if there are small lumps keep stiring and they will melt.
9. Pour over cooled icing, spread evenly and return to fridge until chocolate is just set.
10. Cut into 16 pieces 4×4 then place back in fridge to set chocolate is fully set.
Serves: 16 pieces