Perfect for lunch or that side dish your needing to complete your dinner spread this pasta salad is very versatile, quick and full of flavour. Using a mixture of wholegrain mustard, homemade tomato relish and Best Foods mayo in the dressing it gives a zingy sweet dressing that gives the perfect consistency to coat the pasta.
With this recipe I tend to make a little more dressing than there is pasta salad because if you make it ahead of time the pasta absorbs the sauce and be sure to give it another mix before serving as the dressing can sneak to the bottom if sits in fridge until serving.
I whipped this one up to go alongside some bbq chicken drums and lamb koftas we had on the charcoal bbq, just because its not summer doesn’t mean we have to stop barbecuing right??
5 Step Tomato Relish Pasta Salad
250 gm spiral pasta, cooked
1/4 cup tomato relish
1/4 cup best foods mayo
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 capsicum, sliced
2 handfuls baby spinach
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring pot to boil add salt and oil, boil pasta as per instructions, I cooked mine for 10 minutes, drained and run under cold water to cool.
2. Make dressing combine relish, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
3. Prepare you vegetables and add to the cooled pasta with good amount of seasoning and dressing.
4. Want to save on dishes, use the pot you cooked your pasta in as a mixing bowl!
5. Check seasoning and serve or stir in the fridge until ready to eat.
This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, just make sure you give it a mix before serving.
Leave a Reply