At this time we all know its hard to get our hands on flour, so I thought something that wasn’t flour based would be perfect. Craving something to go alongside my cup of tea this afternoon and oaty chocolate peanut cookies are for the win! Super simple recipe and im sure nearly everyone will have most of the ingredients at home. If not some can be substituted, if you don’t have any peanuts replace with walnuts, other nuts, sunflower seeds or raisins.
No Flour Chocolate Lockdown Cookies
115 gm butter, soft
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cup quick oat
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup peanuts, rough chop
1 cup dark chocolate chip
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 bake.
2. In bowl cream butter and brown sugar until soft and fluffy, stir in peanut butter followed by 1 egg at a time.
3. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. On lined baking tray, shape into balls about 2 tablespoons of mix per cookie and shape on tray. Make sure you leave space in between the cookies so they cook evenly.
5. Bake for 17 minutes, allow to cool and enjoy!
Makes: 15-18 cookies