YUM!! That’s the answer to this recipe! Cheeky we bites are a great use for left over pastry sheets you have hidden in the freezer or after you make my sausage roll recipe. I also used my recipe for mixed tomato relish or use your own to spread over the base followed by a mixture of raw onion, grated cheese and sour cream. You can change up the combination using cream cheese and sweet chili, ham and pineapple and cheese. the possibilities are endless. I used sour cream as it was in the fridge during this time!
Cheesy Tomato Pastry Pinwheels
6 tbsp tomato relish
1 small onion, fine dice
1 tsp garlic
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 tub sour cream
3 puff pastry sheets
milk to glaze the pastry
salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 degress fan bake.
2. Combine cheese, garlic, sour cream and seasoning in bowl to form a paste like mixture. Divide into 3.
3. Keep pastry sheet on the plastic they are separated with. Spread 2 tbsp tomato relish per pastry sheet followed by dollops of the cheese mixture, season and roll up and leave wrapped in plastic.
4.Repeat the last step and rest in the fridge for 15 minutes before cutting each log in half and then into 3.
5. Line baking trap with baking paper, space the cut pinwheels half thumb length apart as they will puff. Squash the top see pictures below and glaze with milk and a sprinkle of grated cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Makes : 18 pinwheels