I Love a good sausage roll, do you ?
Something about flaky pastry, tasty meat and don’t forget a chutney sauce for it to be dolloped in!
Here is an easy, tasty recipe for:
Cheese and Onion Sausage Rolls
450 gm sausage meat
1 small-medium onion fine dice or grate
3 tsp crushed garlic
2 tsp curry powder
1 cap malt vinegar
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup cheese, grated I used pizza blend
3 generous pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
2x sheets flaky/puff pastry
1x egg, egg wash
Poppy seeds, sesame seeds for garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 fan bake.
2. In bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Lay out 1x sheet of pastry, divide meat mix in half and spread at the base of the pastry and shape into a log.
4. Brush remaining pastry with egg mix and slowly roll the meat over pulling the plastic back and shaping it as you roll. Repeat this step 2x.
5. Cut sausage rolls with sharp knife into 3, evenly space on lined baking tray.
6. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with poppy seeds and sesame seeds. Bake for 30 minutes.
Makes: 6x sausage rolls