Was really craving making homemade pizza after finally getting my hands on a pizza pan with holes was only $11 from Mitre10. My pizza dough is very simple to make with only 3 minutes of kneading time if done with a mixer and 5 minutes if kneaded by hand. The topping I made a simple pepperoni pizza and then changed it up with the second and going for a raspberry, roasted garlic, rosemary and brie pizza with ham of the bone. I kept the base rather thin on both and it cooked perfectly in under 20 minutes!
I was unsure which was my favorite as the both rocked the boat! The raspberry one was inspired by cranberry and brie something sweet with something sharp and creamy the garlic and rosemary just take it to a whole new level. The pepperoni was simple passata sauce, pepperoni salami and cheese with a pinch of dried oregano .
Super Simple Pizza Dough
2 3/4 cup. flour
1 cup. warm milk
1 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. active yeast
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
4 tbsp. passata sauce
2 cup. grated Colby
6 slices Hellers pizza salami
1/2 tsp. oregano, dried
Salt and Pepper
Raspberry, Brie and Ham of the Bone
2 tbsp. pams raspberry jam
125gm Brie, cut into chunks
2 garlic cloves, rough chop
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, rough chop
3/4 cup. Colby, grated
1/4 cup. ham of the bone, thin slice
Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºc fan-bake.
- In bowl combine flour, yeast and garlic powder.
- Warm milk for 40 seconds in microwave, sprinkle in salt and oil.
- Add to flour mixture and knead for 3 minutes with dough hook or 5 minutes by hand.
- Lightly dust bench with flour, shape dough into a ball and place on dusted bench leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut dough in half and flatten with hands. Sprinkle top with flour and roll out, you want a 30 cm or so size circle.
- Place rolled out dough onto non-stick pizza pan.
- Top with your choice of the toppings and bake for 18 minutes.
Pepperoni Pizza: Smear tomato passata sauce over base, sprinkle half the cheese on followed by pepperoni then remaining cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper. Bake for 18 minutes at 200ºc fan bake.
Raspberry, Brie and Ham of the Bone pizza: Smear raspberry jam over base, add chunks of brie, chopped garlic and fresh rosemary. Finish with grated cheese and seasoning. Bake for 18 minutes at 200ºc fan bake.
Yield: 2x 30cm pizzas with crisp crust around, 10-12 slices per pizza
Leave a Reply