Just out of the blue I had a craving for ginger crunch! So decided to change it slightly and add some salted cashew nuts to the base and a sprinkle in the topping. Its a good addition to your classic and think I will be making this one again soon.
I really enjoy using brands that are an affordable price but also a good quality, this recipe is made 100% from Pams. I didn’t realize until I had all of the ingredients out, they are clearly my go to!
Oaty Cashew Ginger Crunch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup salted cashews
250 gm butter
80 gm butter
3 tbsp. golden syrup
2 1/4 cup icing sugar
3 tsp. ground ginger
2 tbsp. salted cashews, rough chop
2 tbsp. crystalized ginger, diced
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºc.
- Line square cake tin with baking paper and half way up the sides.
- In food processor combine all ingredients for the base and process for 2-3 minutes until a dough is forming.
- Press into tin evenly and bake for 22 minutes until brown, remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Sift icing sugar and ginger into a large bowl. Melt golden syrup and butter in microwave or stove top until melted.
- Stir the butter golden syrup mixture into the icing sugar until smooth, pour and smooth over slice base.
- Cut crystalized ginger and cashews and sprinkle over icing push in slightly and allow to set.
- Cut and store in an airtight container.
Serves 10-12 slices