Are you wanting to create a show stopping cake for a special someone or to just treat the fam? Well do I have the cake for you, Caramel oreo cheesecake cake. The title could be a little confusing so let me explain. Dark chocolate velvet cake with dollops of cream cheese and oreo cookies baked into it creating a baked cheesecake texture. Then layered with cream cheese icing, bakers dulce de leche caramel and finally some more oreo crumb.
Caramel Oreo Cheesecake Celebration Cake
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup canola oil
1 tbsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
125gm cream cheese
1 cup. oreos, crushed
2 1/2 cup icing sugar
250gm cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
Bakers of Geraldine Dulce de leche caramel (found at most supermarkets)
1x packet Oreos, crushed
- Pre-heat to 180ºc fan bake.
- Line 2x sponge tins with baking paper on base and sides, if you spray with oil the baking paper sticks like a dream.
- In bowl sieve together flour, baking soda, cocoa, sugar into a bowl and whisk to add air and incorporate all ingredients.
- Add oil, vanilla, water and vinegar to dry ingredients and whisk until batter is smooth. Pour evenly into lined sponge tins.
- Add dollops of cream cheese to both tins followed by the crushed oreos.
- Bake for 28 minutes until cake springs back when touched.
- Allow cakes to cool, remove from tin and place on your cake stand or serving plate.
- To make the icing, sieve icing sugar into stand mixer bowl and add vanilla and cream cheese. Whisk for 5 minutes until light and fluffy make sure you scrape down the sides.
- Remove lid from caramel jar and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Lather half the icing on the base cake, drizzle over caramel and sprinkle with oreos.
- Top with second cake and repeat making a ring around the edge with the oreos this time followed by caramel.