Looking for something yummy to make for breakfast in bed or treat the other half? Here’s a simple recipe that will please you both; Creamy mushrooms and zucchini with fresh thyme. I served mine with poached eggs but you could easily just have them on chunky toast without eggs or take it to a whole new level and add crispy bacon as well as the poached eggs. This is a super fast recipe have it on a plate and in your mouth within 20 minutes.
Creamy Mushrooms and Zucchini with Fresh Thyme
250gm button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1 tsp. crushed garlic
3 tbsp. canola oil
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 spinach balls, pams frozen portions
1/2 cup cream
Toasted Vienna or Ciabatta bread
- Heat fry pan over high heat add oil, butter, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to brown, add spinach balls and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add cream allow to reduce and cook out for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Poach eggs and toast your Vienna bread.
- Check your seasoning and serve on buttered toasted Vienna with poached eggs.