Pineapple pork and kumara casserole for dinner tonight, thanks to the slow cooker for doing most of the work. Nice change to your usual beef casserole! I served mine with basmati rice however my partner had buttered toast either way this casserole will sure please a crowd.
Pineapple Pork and Kumara Casserole
500gm pork dice
1x tin pineapple chunks
2 cups orange kumara, chunky dice
1 red onion, sliced
2 cup red pepper, chunky dice
2 celery stalks, rough chop
4 garlic cloves, rough chop
1 tsp crushed ginger
1 cup vege stock
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
2 tsbp cornflour + 2 tbsp cold water into a slurry
- Turn slow cooker onto high and add tin of pineapple including the juice.
- Heat fry pan over a medium to high heat add sliced onion, peppers, ginger and garlic sauté until browned add to slow cooker with kumara as well.
- Season pork pieces and add 1 tbsp oil to fry pan and brown each side. do this in batches to avoid stewing. Add to slow cooker with diced celery.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- After 3 hours make cornflour slurry and pour into casserole stirring well, cook out for 5 minutes and serve with chopped celery leafs.
- You can serve with rice or buttered toast both ways you with thoroughly enjoy.
Leave a Reply