Lemonade scones are the most simple scone recipe I have ever come across simply 3 ingredients and you can’t really go wrong. Light and fluffy perfect spread with butter and topped with homemade plum jam and a sneaky topping of whipped cream. They could even be topped with cheese for a savory version or add 1/2 cup chopped dates to the mixture.
4 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fan bake.
- In large bowl combine flour, cream and lemonade.
- Mix until dough has formed, sprinkle bench with light dusting of flour and turn dough out, knead slightly until smooth.
- Flatten slight around 3-4 cm thick and cut scones.
- Dust your cutter with flour after each cut as the dough is so soft.
- Place on a lined baking tray and brush with milk.
- Bake for 26 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve warm with butter, homemade plum jam and a sneaky dollop of whipped cream.