Sometimes you just need to make a cookie to go with that cup of tea, well scratch the tea I just wanted a cookie when feeling down.
Yes this is a gluten-free recipe however if you wanted to you normal flour you can and it will be fine. However I highly suggest just make them gluten-free you wouldn’t be able to tell unless you were told!
Pams is one of my go to brands, its cheap and affordable but the quality is perfect. Wish they made a gluten-free flour blend though.
In the recipe it says to chill the dough, please do this or the cookies with turn into very flat cookies, probably still edible and very tasty but not the look you’re wanting. I also used pullet eggs which are a lot smaller than normal size 7 eggs I used 2x but 1x 7 egg would be enough in total mine weighed 80gm.
Gluten-Free Chewy Dark Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
1 1/2cup Edmonds gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2cup brown sugar
1/4cup white sugar
150gm butter softened
pinch of cinnamon
2x pullet eggs or 1x size 7
1cup Pams dark chocolate chunks
1/4cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees fan bake.
- In stand mixer combine both sugars, cinnamon and softened butter, beat for 2 minutes until pale and creamy. This is important that you do this step to achieve a tasty chewy cookie.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl and add eggs one at a time, turn up beater after each addition. I used pullet eggs which are considerably smaller than your every day egg. 1x size 7 egg will do around 80gm in total.
- Add chocolate chunks, cranberries, baking soda and gluten-free flour. beat in slowly or you will have a large mess to clean up. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix in the remainder by hand.
- This cookie dough is much wetter than your usual, DO NOT PANIC. Place cookie dough in fridge for 15 minutes to set it slightly.
- Line baking tray with baking paper, I used a dessert sized spoon to make the cookies however an ice-cream scoop would be perfect.
- Shape dough into rounds and space apart, I made 8 cookies and had enough dough for around 3 more left but I didn’t have space on my tray so I froze it for when I am in need of making a cookie craving.
- Once you have shaped your cookies place the tray in the fridge for a further 15 minutes. This is very important or you cookies wont be cookies and not chewy.
- Remove tray from fridge and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove cool and eat or just go straight for it off the hot tray.
Makes: 8-11 Cookies