You all should know by now how much I do love making cheesecakes right? Well if you have just joined me then you are about to find out. This time round I went for a simple baked cheesecake however if you did want to change it up abit more why not add cocoa powder or milk chocolate for a slight change.
Baked white chocolate and vanilla cheesecake with a hint of ginger in the base, served with rhubarb, lime and raspberry compote. Rhubarb is from my garden and limes are from a friend the raspberries I picked in summer locally and couldn’t eat them all so froze them down. Simple but good dessert and who doesn’t like cheesecake.
Baked Vanilla and White Chocolate Cheesecake with Rhubarb, Raspberry and Lime Compote
1x packet malt biscuits
1x packet gingernuts
200gm butter, melted
1 tsbp vanilla essence
250gm white chocolate, melted
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups raspberries
3 sticks rhubarb
2 limes, zest and juice
1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degress.
- Line spring form cake thin with baking paper covering the whole base and sides of the tin so the cheesecake mixture doesn’t stick.
- Brake gingernuts and malt biscuits slightly and add to food processor, blitz until breadcrumb texture is formed and mix in melted butter.
- Tip mixture into the lined spring form tin, press it evenly and firmly on the base and half way up the sides of the tin.
- Once the foodprosser is clean, place all remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour into the lined cake tin and bake for 2 hours until the cheesecake is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool for best results chill over night or for at least 4 hours until cold.
- In medium pot on a low heat add 2 cups frozen raspberries, zest and juice of 2 limes, and 3 sticks of sliced rhubarb. simmer for 5 minutes add sugar and cook out until sugar is dissolved and rhubarb is tender.
- Cool and serve alongside your cooled cheesecake.