I love feijoa’s hence this is my second post on feijoa’s today ! Make the most of them while they are nice and cheap and are available. If you get a your hands on to many you can always peel and freeze for when you have a feijoa craving!
This is one of easiest cake recipe out! You put all the ingredients in the food processor so no mixing or hand beating requires! It a moist upside down feijoa and lime yoghurt cake, it goes down a treat warm with a cup of tea. Would be perfect served warm with ice-cream for a different dessert but is just as good cold!
Upside Down Feijoa and Lime Yoghurt Cake
5 feijoa’s, peeled and slice thick rings
2 limes, zest and juice
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 cup canola oil
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in food possessor apart from the feijoa’s!
- Puree until combined scrap down sides and blitz once more.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and arrange the feijoa slices along the bottom making sure there are no gaps.
- Pour over cake batter and bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown and a knife comes out clean when tested.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes until turning onto serving plate.
Serve warm or cold.
*this can be made in either a loaf tin or cake tin but it is important that you line it or it wont turn our of the tin.