Here’s a great base recipe for homemade muesli what i mean by base recipe is you could add any chopped dried fruit you wanted I just didn’t have any in my cupboard at the time. Some of my favorites are apricots, cranberries, sultanas and blueberries.
You can use this muesli for much more than just breakfast! It can be the crunch layer in a layered yoghurt dessert added to raw muffin mix for a crumble topping and many more!
This is my new go to muesli recipe! Im sitting here at 2 in the afternoon with a big bowl and it is so tastey and crunchy, with a combination of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, finished with cinnamon and maple syrup.
Homemade Cinnamon Coconut Crunch Muesli
- 2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 8 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 250 gm butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients, mix well, pour into a lined baking tray and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown not to dark as it will taste burnt.
- You want to stir it every 5-10 minutes to evenly bake the museli.
- Remove from oven , cool and store in an air-tight container.
Makes: 10-15 serves muesli