We had a decent amount of snow hit Dunedin on Sunday/Monday this week. I was stuck and home with the day off. I was playing around in the kitchen on this cold day and created this simple easy recipe for bacon and egg bites. The base recipe is 3 ingredients but you can add whatever topping to them. I made some with cherry tomatoes, some with mushrooms and then just some plain ones.
You could add chopped chives, cheese, onion, vegetables what ever you like, they are a great lunch box filler for the kids or even your own for an afternoon tea snack!
1/2 cup bacon, chunky chop
2x puff pastry sheets
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a 6 hole muffin tin with cooking spray. (mine was between a normal size and a texas muffin tin)
- Cut both pastry sheets into 4 even squares. You will have two spare, or if you have a larger muffin tray just use them up.. (these can be refrigerated or frozen and used at a later date)
- Place a pre-cut pastry square in each of the greased muffin holes, gently tuck pastry hole into make a rustic looking tart shell.
- Crack one egg in each pastry shell followed by handful of bacon pieces, salt and pepper and bake for 20-25mintues until golden brown.
As i said above you can add flavours to the base filling for a tasty fast snack!!