It’s that time of the year again when the sun shines and we create new memories. Christmas is just a few weeks away and why not make this perfect summer pav to empress the family!
Looks and tastes great plus it’s a great way to use up left over eggs!
150gm egg whites, room temp (4-5 eggs)
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsp white vinegar
2 tbsp corn flour
250ml cream, whipped
1 mango, diced
250gm Strawberries, sliced
1/3 c Passionfruit pulp
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees.
- In clean bowl whisk egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, whisking well until mixture is glossy and stiff. (hold peaks when whisk removed)
- Add vinegar and sifted cornflour, whisk until just combined.
- Line baking tray with baking paper, draw a large circle as a guide if needed i like mine more rustic.
- Spoon meringue mix into the centre of the circle piling it high then pushing out towards the edges to make a rough circle. Don’t make it to skinny though!!
- Drop oven temp to 120 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, Do Not open the door during the cooking process. Turn of oven and leave pav to cool inside it.
- Once cool wither store in an airtight container for 1-4 days or decorate like seen below.
Great for making a couple days ahead of christmas to reduce stress on the day!