Here is a recipe for a super easy asian noodle salad, with lots of fresh veges and rice noodle plus crunchy peanuts and shallots you can’t go wrong! . Simple powerful range of delicious flavours that take you on a journey, reminds me of being back in Asia!
Easy Asian Noodle Salad
150 gm instant rice vermicelli*
1 tsp garlic granules
1 cup cabbage, shredded
1 cup carrot, julienne (finely sliced into match sticks)
1 cup mung beans, rinsed
1/2 cup coriander roughly chopped
2 heaped dessert spoons chopped peanuts*
2 heaped dessert spoons crispy shallots*
1 dessert spoon white sesame seeds
3 dessert spoon light soy sauce
1 dessert spoon oyster sauce
2 dessert spoon sweet chilli sauce
2 tsp. palm sugar, shaved*
3/4 tsp rice vinegar
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 lime, juice and zest
1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
some extra crispy shallots and peanuts for garnish
1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Bring medium pot to a rapid boil, add vermicelli and garlic granules cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- Rinse under cold water and toss 1 tsp sesame oil over cold noodles.
- Add cabbage, carrot, mung beans, peanuts, shallots and white sesame to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients for the dressing, stir well.
- Cut cooked noodles with scissors in half add to vegetables in bowl, pour in dressing.
- Toss together with your hands.
- Serve with a slice of fresh lime, sprinkling of black sesame seeds, shallots and peanuts.
Serves: 1-2 people for lunch or 1-4 as a side salad.