Everyone must admit that sometimes they don’t get their bananas and they turn brown and go overly ripe. Well the best thing to use over ripe bananas for is baking of course! Here is a recipe that is very easy and tastes great hot out of the oven with a smear of butter or even made into French toast. Click on the link for; Banana Bread French Toast
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
150gm butter, softened
3/4 cup soft brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
5 ripe banana’s, mashed
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees, grease square cake tin or loaf tin if you have one with butter followed by a dusting of flour. This creates an easy no-stick layer.
- In a stand mixer bowl combine softened butter and brown sugar, beat for 5 minutes until pale in colour. (As seen in below.)
- Add beaten egg and mashed banana
- Sift all dry ingredients into the banana mix, fold through in a figure 8 motion, until incorporated make sure there’s no lumps.
- Pour into prepared cake tin, smooth out. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and skewer comes out clean when bread is tested.
- Cut around the edge of the tin with a knife, turn out.
- Slice and serve while hot from the oven with butter.
Makes: 1 loaf
Maybe make some sneaky Banana Bread French Toast with the left overs??