Heres a great french toast recipe using my homemade banana bread recipe
Banana Bread French Toast with Bacon and Maple Mascarpone
1/2 loaf banana bread
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
50gm butter, cubed
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup white sugar
8 rashers streaky bacon, cooked until brown and crispy
2 bananas, thinly sliced
Extra maple syrup for serving
- Combine mascarpone and maple syrup in a bowl, mix well and set aside. Mix together cinnamon and sugar in small bowl, set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, cream and milk, pour into a deep rectangular dish.
- Slice 6 2cm thick slices of banana bread.
- Heat fry pan over medium heat
- Place banana bread into egg mix, leave for 1 minute and then turn to the other side.
- Add cube of butter and small amount of oil to the hot fry-pan, pick up banana bread, let excess egg mix drip off and place in hot pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Layer banana bread with crispy bacon, freshly sliced banana a dollop of maple mascarpone and dusting of cinnamon sugar