Here is a great french toast recipe using my homemade banana bread recipe, great way to treat the family this weekend with the left overs from making the banana bread turn it into french toast! YUM!
Banana Bread French Toast with Bacon and Maple Mascarpone
1/2 loaf banana bread
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
50 gm butter, cubed
100 gm mascarpone
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup white sugar
8 rashers streaky bacon, cooked until brown and crispy
2 bananas, thinly sliced
Extra maple syrup for serving
- Combine mascarpone and maple syrup in a bowl, mix well and set aside. Mix together cinnamon and sugar in small bowl, set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, cream and milk, pour into a deep rectangular dish.
- Slice 6, 2 cm thick slices of banana bread.
- Heat fry pan over medium heat
- Place banana bread into egg mix, leave for 1 minute and then turn to the other side.
- Add cube of butter and small amount of oil to the hot fry-pan, pick up banana bread, let excess egg mix drip off and place in hot pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Layer banana bread with crispy bacon, freshly sliced banana a dollop of maple mascarpone and dusting of cinnamon sugar