Sticky soy tofu with spring onions and sesame
I never used to like tofu but it has defiantly grown on me.
I like to cook a lot of Asian inspired dishes influenced by my travels to south east asia. I like to use flavours that stand strong against each other.
This recipe is a very simple and packed with flavor!
2 tbsp. palm sugar, freshly shaven*
6 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 spring onions, sliced
1 tsp. garlic granules
1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
2 slices firm tofu
1 tsp. white sesame seeds
2 tsp. fresh coriander, ripped
- Combine soy sauce and palm sugar, stir well.
- Heat wok over a large flame, add sesame oil followed by spring onion, garlic and ginger.
- Sauté until lightly browned, add tofu.
- Cook for 2 minutes until brown, turn.
- Add soy sauce mixture, turn down flame to medium.
- Cook for 1 minute, turn over tofu and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Soya and palm sugar should have created a sticky sauce, baste tofu.
- Place tofu on plate, pour over sticky sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
*Palm sugar can be brought in small blocks from any Asian supermarket. Shave with blade of a knife by cutting downwards on a angle.
Leave a Reply