Do you love cookies? Well do I have the ultimate cookie for you!! Here it is folks the; Snickers and Dark Chocolate Skillet Cookie served with a side of French vanilla ice-cream straight from the hot oven onto your awaiting plates. Perfect easy dessert and use the leftovers to fill the kid’s school lunch boxes or having with a cup of tea on that sunny day. That is if it lasts that long.
Snickers and Dark Chocolate Skillet Cookie
250 gram block whittakers dark chocolate, chunky chop
2 snickers bars, chop into large peices
250 grams butter, soft at room temp
1/2 cup white sugar
4 heaped dessert spoons of condense milk
2 tsp. vanilla essence
3 cups plain flour
2 tsp. baking powder
French vanilla ice-cream to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- In stand mixer bowl, add softened butter, condense milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Beat until light and fluffy, the mix would have turned from yellow to a pale white. (it is crucial that you get your butter/sugar mix to this stage to achieve the perfect cookie.)
- Scrap down the sides and beater blade, add flour, baking powder, salt, chopped snickers and 3/4 block rough chunky chopped dark chocolate. Beat until just combine.
- Grease a large heavy based skillet with butter, (must have a wooden handle or metal to go into the oven!)
- Add 3 tbsp. flour and shake side to side to create a non-stick base for the cookie dough. Bang excess flour out.
- Tip cookie dough into skillet and press down evenly.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. (it will be soft to touch, but once cools slightly will harden to the perfect cookie.)
- Sprinkle over the remaining chopped chocolate, let sit in the turned off oven for 2 minutes to melt.
- Serve your skillet cookie warm from the oven with a side of French vanilla ice-cream or a glass of warm milk.
Serves: 12 slices
Leave a Reply