Date, Coconut, Chia and Cocoa Energy Balls
These are a great way to get your daily energy intake with a bite size snack. They are gluten, dairy and refined sugar-free. Only containing 5 ingredient’s they are simple and easy to make. Perfect wee snack to take on a mountain bike or a run and even to keep you going till lunch time after that mid morning meeting.
2 cups dates
3/4 cup boiling water
1 cup shredded coconut
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
1/4 cup chia seeds
extra coconut for rolling
- In a metal bowl place dates and boiling water, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl combine coconut, cocoa and chia seeds mix to combine.
- Remove 1/4 of water from the dates and set aside.
- Place dates and remaining water in food processor and pulse until a paste has formed.
- Add coconut mix, and pulse until combined. (the mixture should be sticky)
- Using a measuring spoon, measure table-spoon amounts roll into balls and then into extra coconut.
- Place in air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Makes: 28- 30 balls