The Ultimate Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
This cheesecake is a no baking required easy to follow recipe. With subtle hints of lemon it goes down a treat with creamy, chocolaty cheesecake. This truly melts in your mouth, perfect way to treat the family or special someone.
500 grams oreos
70 grams butter, melted
2x 250 gram tubs cream cheese, room temp and soft
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
1 lemon zest and juice
1 tsp. vanilla essence
2 tsp. gelatin powder
2 tbsp. cold water
250 ml cream, soft whip
3/4 block Whittaker’s milk chocolate
125ml cream, hot/just boiling
Extra Oreos to decorate and Cookie and Cream Hershey’s Kisses.
- Line medium spring-form cake tin with baking paper as seen below.
- Place 280 grams of oreos in food processor and pulse until a fine sand texture is reached. Add melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Pour crumb into lined cake tin, press firmly together to form an even base, place in fridge.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip cream to soft peaks and set aside. Add cream cheese to clean bowl and whisk until smooth and are no lumps, add icing sugar, vanilla and lemon, whisk to combine.
- Combine gelatin and water, microwave for 30 sec stir until dissolved and slightly cool, add to cream cheese mix.
- Take 170 grams oreos and roughly pulse in food processor to achieve chunky texture.
- Add chunky oreos and whipped cream fold through until just combined, pour on top of the chilled cheesecake base and return to fridge.
- Add chipped chocolate into bowl, the smaller the faster it will melt.
- Place cream in a small saucepan and heat until rapidly simmering , stirring to avoid burning. Pour hot cream over chocolate, allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the cream and chocolate together, it will be a thick glossy texture, whisk until there are no lumps.
- Pour chocolate over chilled cheesecake and return to the fridge for 1 hour until chocolate layer is set.
- Remove from fridge, using a small hot knife gently run your knife around the edge of the cheesecake, then remove the spring-form ring.
- With a palette knife pull on the baking paper gently and place knife between cheesecake base and baking paper, slide cheesecake off onto serving dish.
- Decorate the edge with xtra oreos and cookie and cream Hershey kisses.
- Run sharp knife under hot water, dry and cut cheesecake, if you want clean cuts do this for every cut, handy to have a jug of boiling water beside you at this point.
- Serve on its one or perfect with plain yoghurt.
Serves: 10-12 Slices