Buttery Savoury Pastry
130 gram flour
1/4 tsp. salt
65 gram cold butter, cubed
2 tbsp. cold water
1 egg, beaten
Flour for dusting
- In food processor combine flour, butter, salt and water. Pulse until a breadcrumb texture is reached.
- Add beaten egg and pulse until dough ball is starting to form.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured bench and knead until pastry has formed a nice ball, flatten wrap in glad wrap and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes before rolling.
- When ready to use lightly flour your bench and rolling-pin to avoid sticking.
- This pastry is perfect for pies, it is crunchy and slightly flakey and the egg adds richness to it.
I usually when making pies to a double batch but make it separately because you want the bottom of the pie slightly thicker than the lid.