Ginger, Quince and Chinese Red Date Tea
This tea is a great way to start of any day or end. Made with ripe quince, dried chinese red dates and ginger it has a strong well-balanced tea. This tea is full of beneficial nutrients like vitamin C, Iron and large amounts of fibre .The quince has natural anti-inflammatory property’s and is great for weight loss and lowering blood pressure. Check out this link for more info on quince. Nutrition And You.com
4 Quince, wash, core removed & large dice
1 large piece of root ginger, rough chop (around 10cm)
1 1/2 cup chinese red date*
2 ltr. water
- In a large pot combine ginger, dates, quince and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer after 5 minutes.
- Simmer for 25 minutes stirring ocassionly.
- Add brown sugar and stir well, taste. ( It may require another tbsp. of brown sugar, if you have a sweeter tooth.)
- Ladle into a cup and enjoy this flavour packed health beneficial tea.
- Once you have got your serve, add more water to the tea the quince, dates and ginger still hold large amounts of nutrients and flavour so adding more water just makes the great tea last longer. Just be sure to simmer it before serving.
*You can find Chinese Red dates at any asian supermarket.