Smooth avocado with diced red onion and fresh coriander folded in with a hint of lime zest and a squeeze of tangy lime juice, served alongside slightly spiced Cajun oven baked wedges garnished with fresh coriander, spring onion and smoked paprika.
4 ripe avocados, skin and seed removed
1 red onion, finely diced
1 lime, zest and juice
1.5 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
1 tbsp. fresh coriander, rough chop
5 Agria potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges (leave skin on)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. onion flakes
3/4 tsp. garlic granules
1 spring onion, finely sliced
1 Tbsp. fresh coriander, rough chop
1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees fan bake.
In food processor combine avocado flesh, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper. Blitz until a smooth paste has formed.
- Remove from blender and in a bowl combine with red onion, coriander and sweet chili sauce. Fold together until incorporated, place in serving bowl and chill until required.
- Combine cumin, first measure of smoked paprika, salt, pepper, garlic granules, onion flakes and olive oil in a small bowl mix to form a paste. Toss through sliced potato wedges and baked for 40 minutes until golden and brown.
- In a small bowl combine sliced spring onion, coriander and 1/2 last measure of smoked paprika, mix together and sprinkle half the mixture on the base of your serving dish. This ensures the you have tasty garnish from top to bottom in your dish.
- Place golden baked wedges over the top , finish with the remaining spring onion mix and sprinkle with last of smoked paprika.
- Serve alongside the fresh guacamole.
Guacamole Yield: 3 cups ( I froze 1 cup in snap lock container for easy access dip later on in the week)
This Guacamole goes perfectly on tacos, burgers or side of steak gives you zingy fresh burst of flavour that uplifts any meal.
How have you served yours?