Baked apple filled with a coconut and cinnamon caramelized banana served with white chocolate vanilla bean custard and French vanilla ice-cream
As asked in yesterday post Here is the recipe for Apple Heaven.
3 Golden delicious apples(Granny Smiths are perfect too)
1/2 cup coconut cream
2 heaped tbsp. soft brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 banana, mashed
2 tbsp. custard powder
1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla bean sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup white chocolate, I used belgium white choc buttons
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove the centre core of the apple with a melon baller, make sure you don’t go right through and out the bottom of the apple.
- In a bowl whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon and coconut cream. Pour into the hollowed out apple and bake for 20 minutes.
- While your apples are baking make the custard, in a medium saucepan combine custard powder, vanilla sugar and the second measure of coconut cream. Whisk together to form a paste and remove any lumps, whisk in remaining milk and place over a medium heat stirring constantly.
- Bring custard to a boil and cook for 5 minutes to thicken stir constantly so it doesnt burn , remove from heat and whisk in chocolate.
- After the 20 minutes is up , remove apples from oven and bast in the caramel sauce which is in your baking dish. Fill the apples with mashed banana and baste again, return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Once apple has finished it will look like the picture below.
- Serve with white chocolate vanilla bean custard, french vanilla ice-cream and a drizzle of caramel.